Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:12:14 -0700

Dear Listmates,

Baking has been on hold. Why? Some of it is the summer. In addition, we in
Northern California have been bombarded in a good way by manufacturers
wanting us to buy their products and proving that with coupons and sales.
There have been amazing prices from Udi's, Venice Bakery Rudi's, Essential
Baking, and Canon Bakehouse just to name a few. These products are very,
very good, and they are getting better. They are also very easy to find at
Whole Foods, Sprouts, Safeway, Costco and Target. Do I like them better
than what we can bake? No, but at the price point and easy availability it
can be difficult to garner the enthusiasm and the time it takes to crank up
home baking.

So, what does it take to crank up home baking? It was the holy grail of
baking---pizza like we couldn't get anywhere else (restaurants take note).
It was the combination of an intriguing flour blend for the crust coupled
with very tasty topping ingredients from *Food & Wine *magazine: mushrooms,
kale, fontina, mozzarella, just to name a few. We morphed the *Food & Wine*
recipe for our own taste, put it all together, and the first attempt was
even better than we had thought it would be. The downside is that it took
time, but it was worth every bit of the time it took.

You can see what we did here: http://bit.ly/GF_Bake . Click the link to
open our baking site, navigate to pizza, and it will be the first item. It
is also marked with a red chevron (>). It almost goes without saying that
you could make the pizza crust and use a different topping. Or you could
use a purchased crust and follow the directions for the topping. But for
the full effect, we recommend taking the time and make the pizza per the
directions.

As always, I'm happy to give my opinion and answer your questions.

Vic-Sunnyvale, CA