C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harleen Kaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:37:37 -0400
Hi,
  I know it is not I who has CP, but my sister, but I lurk on the listserv
and feel like I know you all, even if it's just a little bit and I care
and I know how it feels to have thoughts of suicide.  Mine are mostly
medication induced, but they are real and dangerous.  There are two things
that have saved my life more than once.  One was going in my mind to the
three or four things/people in life that are worth living for, even if I
think I myself am not worth it, I know someone else is worth living for.
One time that did not work and I called a friend and he talked to me. It
didn't matter whom I spoke to actually, but it saved my life to talk to
someone. If you have these thoughts, talk to us, talk to someone, verbally
on the phone. Write out all your feelings if you can. It doesn't matter how
stupid or weird you think it is, just tell someone, even if you talk to your
walls and teddy bear.  Know that we care about you. Hold on to that thought,
that if it's not your life that you think is worth it, know that someone,
including us, will be affected if you go, just to get through that wave of
imminent suicidal thoughts.  Then when you're in control of yourself, talk
to a counselor. You are never, ever, ever alone. And it is always always
worth living, even in the darkest of hours.
Good wishes and thoughts,
Harleen