VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:19:30 -0400
A lot of sites are garbling their audio captchas so that voice to text
conversion software can't break them. They don't realize that for a spam
bot to have enough code to open an audio file and enable voice
conversion they'd be so big they couldn't hide under the radar any more.
But the captcha maker's thoughts are, make things so difficult that no
one can figure it out, that'll keep the spam out. I'm sighted, but there
are so many of the visual captchas that are so badly twisted and bent
that there are sites I have to keep hitting the 'new captcha' button
until I see one I can decipher! And the audios? Ha! I'm hard of hearing
enough that I don't even try them.

No Microsoft garbage used here, sent by a very satisfied Linux-Mint
<http://www.linuxmint.com/> user (a former disgruntled Microsoft user).
You could check out Vinux, Linux for the visually impaired
<http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/>.
This email and any attachments are not virus scanned either, that's up
to you poor Microsoft users to deal with.
I'd rather be a dangerous, wild Linux Penguin than a docile,
domesticated, Microsoft sheep.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]