VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 12:56:22 -0700
Hi All,

In a nutshell, my problem is that I have some external speakers plugged
into my netbook, but I only hear sound coming out of one speaker. Most
of the time, I don't mind, but sometimes this makes it difficult to hear
something comfortably. For example, I found a podcast on remapping an
external keyboard for the Mac. Because of the way the sound file has
been recorded, I hear the Voiceover parts of the podcast loud and clear,
but the human explanation is very soft, so I have to keep turning the
volume up and down as I listen.

I don't know the brandname or model number of the speakers. There are
two. The first connects to the second, and the second connects to a
large box, which has the cable that plugs into the computer and the cord
that plugs into the electrical outlet. I'm not finding buttons or
switches except for a volume knob on one of the speakers and two knobs
(one for treble, the other for base) on the box. Everything appears to
be plugged in snugly.

According to the Speaker settings on the netbook, I am configured for
stereo. When I run the test, I hear two sets of tones. My guess is that
one is supposed to come out of the first speaker; and the other, from
the second. What I hear is that one set of tones is loud and the other
is soft, both coming out of the same speaker.

Any ideas or suggestions about what I can do to get sound out of both?

ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]