From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 06:34:35 -0700
A similar story on my advanced, but with the opposite co-operation from
fcc.  Unfortunately I am in the Kansas City district, even though I'm 400
miles from Kansas City and 200 from Denver.  In 1988 I wanted to take my
advanced and wrote Kansas City and they basicly said they didn't want to
bother with mailing out an exam, I'd have to come to Kansas City.  I
called the Denver office and the guys there were very nice, but told me
there was nothing they could do as I wasn't in their district.  They said
they'd give me the test whenever I could get to Denver.  I went in with my
brother and they let him read me the test.  There were some diagrams which
I had to have one of the engineers read to me.  The guy went away and came
back and said "I don't know what to tell you" and paused a long time and
he finally said "you passed."

73
Butch
WA0VJR