From:
Gary Tillinghast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 07:49:45 -0400
Hi, A friend of mine put up the electric model, with limit switches.  He
raises and lowers it when he is not on the air.  He thought that he had
years before he would have to give the tower  any attention.  Murphy bit
him.  One day when he was raising it, it got near the top and the cable
broke.  Down came the tower and busted the limit switches and other
componets.  He wasn't pleased in the least.  He submitted a bill to his
homeowners policy and got reembursed.  To replace the tower it is going to
cost $19,000.  Insurance only wanted to give him $12.000.  He had
replacement cost insurance.  They settled for $18.000.  After all of this, I
asked him if he had invested in a safety lock for the tower.  He hadn't
thought of it.  He is going to add it to his next one now...Life Lessons are
priceless.  Gary KB2YAA