From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2014 10:57:19 -0400
This is the first place I've ever run an RF ground and have never noticed
any difference or need for one. Even here, the only reason I run one is
because I'm in a mobile home and the chassis is metal and grounded so it's
very easy to connect to that, kind of like connecting a mobile radio to the
car chassis. Most of my life I've been on the second floor of places and
found the RF ground was more problem than benefit. I would never normally
tie RF ground and electrical ground in to the same place, asking for
problems if you ask me since they are 2 different things but where I am now,
it was a case of why not try it more than anything else and since it's not
hurting anything so far I go with it. I may regret it someday if the power
system takes a hit but we have a group of meters on poles with heavy
grounds, then under ground wiring from the pole to the house. If it's going
to travel along that under ground wiring to get to the house, I'm in trouble
no matter what I do. Now where my repeater is, that antenna was the only one
grounded right on that tower, all the rest of them were hacked if grounded
at all. 2 years ago that tower took a shot, took out all the public service
radios and phone system in that town for the fire and ambulance anyway,
probably police they're on the same tower but different building. My
repeater, made out just fine, it's the only thing that did with any remote
connection to that tower.