From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 08:51:48 -0400
I had a noise for a while that used to go up and down the band a little bit
that turned out to be an insulator on the pole out back of my house, it's an
electrical pole with the electric meter for my house and 2 others on it. I
was able to track that with a portable AM radio actually. Power company
didn't want to believe me at first so replaced a ton of other things as well
but I was right in the end. that would come and go, move up and down the
band, it was crazy. When I lived with my parents, I had the same thing, but
it was only in the winter I believe, winter or summer, I forget I've been
out of that house for 5 years now. It was like a buzz almost and it went up
and down some of the bands and it seemed to be dictated by what was turned
on and off in my and a few other houses on the street. It was to the point
where I could get the noise, turn on the power on the VCR, it would go away,
it could come back, I turn off the VCR, it would go away again and that
wasn't the only thing. Sometimes I'd turn on a light, a TV, what ever and I
could move it that way off the frequency i wanted to use. It was just
strange. I have reason to suspect there were electrical problems in that
house/area anyway though for many reasons far above and beyond that. I never
saw a house go through as many light bulbs no matter what we did it was
constant, never had static electricity shocks all winter long on all metal
cased electronics like I did in that house. I fried a couple computers, a
ton of cable boxes, an alarm clock, a VCR, at least 1 TV, and a few other
things with the static electricity shocks we used to get all winter long in
that house. It was to the point where you were afraid to touch anything
sometimes. I went on a tangent there but the point is, there is a lot it can
be and hopefully there are some things in that long email that might give
you ideas.