From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 08:18:51 -0400
John:

I'm not sure of the exact source of the noise you are experiencing, but this
might help.

The following link appeared in the Wednesday: April 2 2014 edition of the
Handiham World Weekly E-letter.

The link helps you listen to, and hopefully identify common sources of RFI
that may be getting into your ham radio equipment:

http://www.arrl.org/sounds-of-rfi

The sound files are excellent!

 Good luck, and let us know if you successfully track things down.  In my
view, problems like this are getting worse, since there are now so many
things that seem to run on switching power supplies that are not well
regulated.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ