Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:11:24 -0400
Reasons from an access standpoint for the 4S and above is Siri.  You can
have it read things to you, look up info, write a reminder or calendar
appointment or text message, etc.

There are dictation apps of course as well, but they are not integrated into
the iPhone as Siri is.

Also, the 5S has a better camera and faster quad-core processor which could
help in text recognition OCR and other apps that you can use to identify
objects, currency and the like.