Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2014 08:59:07 -0500
7bit
From:
I am in the process of building a new house. We are still in the detail
planning stage, deciding on the windows, the cabinetry, etc. I have one room
specifically for my ham radio equipment, my ham shack. Have any of you had a
new home built for you from the ground up? I want to incorporate coax
connections into the design of this room. I already have a 220 volt power
line coming into it for running a high-powered amp, but do any of you have
any recommendations for getting coax into the room as a part of the planning
process? The exterior will be a combination of brick & stone; so, once it is
built, it isn't going to be easy to get coax into the room. The type of
windows are such that I cannot just bring coax through the windows. I am
thinking about installing a bank of six coax fittings at the foundation
level outside my room and running coax from those outside fittings into the
crawl space and up through the floor or wall to another bank of six coax
fittings inside. What do you all think? Any ideas/suggestions?

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman

Retired Professor of Marketing

President: Millitronics, Inc. (millitronics.biz)