Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:07:29 -0230
From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Steve:

I just got off the phone with Tom at Zero Five Antennas regarding an inverted L mod I read about some years ago for the 43 footer.
He says that its possible by attaching a 25/30 foot length of wire to the top of the vertical, running it in the inverted L fashion.
I'm wondering if this is just away of electrically lengthening the antenna to a 1/4 wave vertical for 80M at 66 feet. I asked him about running a 89 foot length of wire, subtract the 43 from the 132 and he said it would mess things up. LOL Plus the wire would be too heavy for the top of the vertical.
Using the 25/30 feet though should improve performance on both 80 and 160 and wouldn't fool up the 40/15 performance. So I'll try that root and put down a half dozen or so 66 foot radials.
So with the inverted L, is the firing direction along the top of the L which ever way that wire is pointing or broad side to it. My wire would be running east.
I'm also hoping that this will help my old tuner a little on 80M until I can save up the funds for a gd 1, which will probably take some time at 700$.

73:
Mike VO1AX