Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 08:29:14 -0400
7bit
From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Linda and Others,

If the so-called knocking sound is repetitive, I wonder if you have a
radio scanner near by your ham equipment.  In the old days, the scanning
process would mix with the oscillator of the ham equipment and on some
frequencies you would hear a repetitive thump, thump, thump as the
scanner passed a particular frequency.

On 7/8/2014 1:19 AM, Dave Basden wrote:
> Hi Linda,
>
> I don't know how new you are to 2 meters, but could it be the ker
> chunking of the repeater as someone ends his/her transmission?
>
> 73,
>
> Dave, W7OQ
>
> At 07:52 PM 7/7/2014, you wrote:
>>

>> Hi everyone,
>>

>> 1, On one of my frequencies on the TMV71A there is sort of a knocking sound
>> or thunking sound when I am receiving. My transmissions are fine, but there
>> is this weird sound when I am listening to other hams. Any ideas? Nobody
>> hears it on their radio, and its just on the 2 meter side.
>>

>> My 440 side is superb.
>>

>> I am proud of good ol me as somehow, my a band got onto my b band or vice
>> versa. I somehow heard the a band on my b band and I fixed that after
>> reading the manual. LOL!
>>

>> Now, I want to set the weather alert. How does this work?
>>

>> I see in the manual that it receives a tone and will alert me on activity on
>> the weather frequency. When I hear the tone, to I turn the tuning nob to the
>> wx frequency? How does this work.
>>

>> Thank you!
>>

>> Hugs and 73
>>
>> Linda C. Knight & shirley