Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:49:24 -0400

Hello,
On Sept 7, there was a warning that a recent subscriber had an issue with Olive Garden server saying they boil their GF pasta in the same water as the regular pasta.

I live in Orlando, where the national head quarters are located, so I just happen to know an executive officer of Olive Garden!! I wrote him with this concern and he forwarded my letter to the President of OG!!!  I received a letter back the next morning from the President!!! Now that is unbelievable service!!!! Way to go Olive Garden!!!!!!!! You earned my business!!!!

Here is his reply:

Mrs. Foley,

I wanted to apologize for the fact that you were misinformed about how Olive Garden handles our Gluten Free Pasta.
I also felt compelled to convey to you that we take extreme care in the preparation of this product.
I personally am very sensitive to those inflicted with the gluten allergy as my son is extremely sensitive to the presence
of gluten in food.

When we cook our gluten free pasta it is always the first product we cook in the morning in freshly cleaned and sanitized
pasta cookers with fresh clean water.  We then empty the cooker after cooking the gluten free pasta and re-clean the
equipment before moving on to our regular pasta.  In addition, as orders for GF pasta come into the kitchen
we reheat the GF pasta order in its own pan and NOT in our large pasta cookers.  We go to great lengths to insure there
is no cross contamination during the preparation and cooking process.

I do apologize that our server told you the wrong information and that tips me off to a training and communication
opportunity we have so thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.  I promise we will take new actions to
re-train our service and culinary teams on our exact procedures so they can insure our guests that we are looking out
for them."

ROCK ON OLIVE GARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!