ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:32:42 -0600
I think Phil is joking about Santa, but there is no doubt, especially from
Paul's testimony of his Christmas party at work, that the real meaning gets
lost much of the time out there. I'm surprised at this with chaplain
influence there. Being chaplain's I can understand the right to bring in
the varying religious beliefs, but no one has a doctrine involving Santa
Claus. By allowing such gives the impression they became cowardly in their
own beliefs and  rather than say "Hey hey hey wait a minute here!" they
said "Well? What do we do here? Let's bring in Santa that willl give us a
way out."   Perhaps that is not the case, but the impression I got. I,
frankly and proud you offered to read the account of Christ's birth next
year. That shows courage in upholding what you believe is truth.

Brad