ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:25:55 -0500
True, Rhonda.  Seems like most food is overprocessed today.  That reminded
me of my answer to Matt and thinking that's what folks do spiritually, too.
The Gospel is really so simple if you just accept it as a child.  GOD made
you.  He loves you.  He's your father.  Others are trying to harm you and
want you to choose what will hurt you.  GOD wants you to choose Him so much
that He came to earth as a human being to go through that hurt and death for
you so you don't have to and lives again forever and so can you.  Now
there's nothing the enemy can do to really harm you.  And you will be with
the Father who loves you and brothers and sisters like you who love you
forever!  Rejoice in that!  Tell others!  That's really the Gospel. But
folks overprocess it to the point where it's unclear or sounds unsatisfying
next to what they offer here and now.  They fill you with spiritual sugar to
try to get you to give up your future life with GOD.  But it only harms you
in the long run.

Paul