From:
Linda Wenglikowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Wenglikowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:40:15 -0400

I've been glutened now by two dentists who told me they were sure their products were gluten free. The second Dentist's had a dental hygienist who was gluten sensitive and her father is very allergic to gluten, so I thought I was safe. However I was sure after a cleaning that I had been glutened. I asked for the product list they had used. I then called 3M who manufactured almost all of supplies they used to treat me. I learned the topical contained gluten and the rinse might have been cross contaminated. I had a reaction to the rinse, even after rinsing my mouth with water on the first swallow my stomach flip flopped.

Would love to find a dentist within 50 miles of me who has gluten free dental products they can use for exams, cleaning, and all dental work. I read about the Dentist in Boulder who is using DMG's gluten free line. I've tried to contact them and the ADA for help, but no responses. I also tried using the Celiac Foundations physician search, but couldn't find any dentist in the state of Florida when searched with zip codes from each of the major cities within a 100 miles of those zip codes.

Here's a link for a gluten free dental practice in Boulder, CO:
http://www.dailycamera.com/lifestyles/ci_24222193/boulder-dentist-offers-gluten-free-tooth-care

If you know of dentist in Florida that has gluten free products (or better yet practice) PLEASE send me the information.

I welcome other ideas and will be happy to summarize and share.

Thanks everyone!