From:
Blake Hailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:19:50 -0500
That is awesome Buddy!

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Buddy Brannan
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 7:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ARRL Centennial Convention

What a trip that was!

Only saw a couple of blind hams there besides me and Rob, KB5UJM.

There was this guy with his guide dog. =85 We won=92t talk about that.

But then I saw Betsy and Barb, K1EIC and K1EIR and Anne K1STM.=20

And visited with the guys at Elecraft and the Morse Telegraph Club and =
others.

But then, besides operating W100AW, Rob and I got to do something really =
really cool!

Joe let us pull the big switch=85and Old Betsy, HPM=92s old spark rig, =
roared to life.=20

Unfortunately, the points were kind of dirty, so the spark wasn=92t very =
strong.=20

Still, who gets to crank up a 100-year-old spark rig? More importantly, =
The Old Man=92s 100 year old spark rig? At The Old Man=92s actual desk? =
With The Old Man=92s actual key?=20

Now that right there probably made my ham radio millennium.=20

Buddy, KB5ELV