VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2014 09:32:33 -0700
Though I respect your objections to Mr. Chong's ten issues, to call his
issues silly or irresponsible journalism is unwarranted. I am a techie, I
love tech, and , for one, have no interest in the touch screen devices.
Sometimes it's a personal matter of choice, and those of us who do not
like the touch screen and voice controls have every right to express our
preference for physical buttons. Sure, you can attach a blue tooth
keyboard, but that is a complication unnecessary for those using a flip
phone. And, yes, the standard flip phone is smaller and easier to use as a
phone then any of the smart phones I've handled.  I notice that the
adopters of the iPhone have become almost rabid in prostilizing for the
device, and very very defensive to any of us who just aren't interested in
that particular product.  I think the iPhone is a great device, and it has
really opened up some new access avenues for those who have chosen to use
it, but that doesn't mean all of us have to use it, nor agree with those
who do use it. Mr. Chong's points are well founded for many of us and just
because we agree with him doesn't mean we are luddites or abandoning
progress. There are many converging technologies providing us with
different types of access. It is up to each one of us to fashion our
solutions to match our needs and tastes. It is a matter of preference and
Mr. Chong has as much right to express his views on the topic as you do in
your blog or any articles you publish. Then, those of us consumers who
care can read, and decide for ourselves if either one of you is correct,
for us.

BTW: I'm not a member of the NFB.

Bill Pasco