From:
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:02:46 -0500
Bob, as I reported a few days ago, I recently purchased the LDG automatic
antenna tuner. This was after considerable research and feedback from
several friends who have experience with antenna tuners and with my
connections at AES, R&L Electronics, and HRO, among a few others. They all
told me, without one single exception, that MFJ has significant quality
control problems, and several have encountered issues with MFJ antenna
tuners, and they would recommend the LDG tuners over the MFJ tuners every
time. I only had one person say anything bad about his LDG tuner, but I
think it was one of the older models, and there may have been some
extenuating circumstances involved. Based on this information, I purchased
the AT1000PROII. However, LDG also produces a AT100PROII that is less
expensive and is probably excellent for lower powered rigs. In my particular
case, I purchased what I did because I plan to use my ALS-600 amplifier, and
so, I need the AT1000PROII, rather than the AT100PROII.

Ron, K8HSY