From:
Matthew Chao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:27:40 -0400
OK, guys, here's the deal.  This weekend in Massachusetts is
tax-free, so no sales tax on stuff under $2,500.  With that in mind,
two questions:

1.  Will Radio Reference work with the BCD396 scanner, and how
accessible is it with speech?

2.  Is the Whistler 1040 a handheld scanner, and can it be programmed
via PC?  Also, Bearcat/Uniden used to have an interface cable and
program that allowed you to download local frequencies to the
scanner.  Does that still hold true for the 396?  Thanks in
advance.--Matt, N1IBB.