From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:37:28 -0400
You must be pretty brave.   I think the procedure is to use a jig  that
plugs into one of the front panel din jacks.  Whatever combination of
pins are jumped or whatever with this jig will load the service
firmware and the menus can be accessed.

I'm not sure the voice works in this mode.  Also, I think some settings
have no "default" and are  particular to each radio, so you would need
to note any settings so you can return to them if needed after a change.
   End of the process is to reinstall operational firmware and do a full
reset, so you should have backed up all your  menus and memories first
so they can be reloaded later.

A google search can probably kick up some info on all of this.   Kenwood
tries to dissuade  folks from  tweaking with this stuff.

73, Steve KW3A