From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2014 18:34:35 -0400
Hello, everyone.

Since this is off topic for the list, please respond to me privately at:

I noticed a very strange keyboard problem this afternoon with my University
laptop computer.

Basically, the entire keyboard works except for the group of keys that
contains 9, o, l, and the period.

For some reason, this group of keys is no longer working.

What is really strange is that the keyboard was working fine yesterday, and
the problem suddenly appeared this afternoon.

Has anyone ever seen this sort of thing before, and, if so, how did you
solve it?

In reality, this is a University-owned computer, so it is a problem that
they will have to help me with, but I thought it would be best to talk to
them tomorrow with as much information and as many ideas as possible.

Everything works fine with an external USB keyboard;  it's just the one on
the laptop itself that is exhibiting this weird behavior.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ