From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2014 09:50:23 -0500
Richard,
The more the better.  The longer the better.  Practically speaking
you do what you can within reality.  Years ago on 160 meters a friend
and I would plant a new radial every so often and he could see
definite signal increases on my signal until I had a half dozen or so
wires out.  After that I guess it became academic - the S meter no
longer saw improvement but I am sure that there was some theoretical
difference.  Enough for scientific studies!!
Solid/not solid shoulnd't make any difference.  Good luck.