From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2014 20:41:43 -0600
yeah that all makes sense.
I would have thought an HT's receive selectivity would be far to wide to
properly tune a band pass can properly?
You could get it in the right ball park no doubt, but it would be difficult
to find the center peak with a typical HT on FM.
Will the hampod speak signal generator output level in micro volts? IE, if
you want to check the sensativity of a receiver, you adjust the signal
generator down until you can no longer hear the 1K tone, then bring it up a
hair until you just hear the tone through the open squelch...IE 0.18uV etc?
Or if you are aligning/peaking the receiver in a repeater, can you quiery
the hampod to tell you what the signal generator out put is in UV so you can
have a general starting point to see how much it needs to be peaked?

73
Colin, V A6BKX