From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2014 20:19:00 -0600
I, in fact, just downloaded NVDA to my PC to check it out, and while it's a
tiny bit clunky out of the box, it's quite good considering it's a free
screen reader.
I'm quite sure that the more I become familiar with the various settings I
will be able to customize it to my needs and wants and it'll be as good as
JFW for doing most things.  It does work with some of the apps that I
thought it might not work with...and it certainly doesn't work with some of
the apps that JFW doesn't work with as well.
So, if I am understanding this correctly, any tablit or surface or whatever
that is running windows 8 can be made accessible with NVDA...this is
excellent because I've avoided  these things thinking they wouldn't support
a screen reader...holds true for the windows8 phones as well hopefully?

73
Colin, V A6BKX