David Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:11:00 -0400
Hello List:

A previous post suggested that an antenna tuner "fooled"an antenna into
thinking that the antenna was resonant on a particular band/frequency(I
think that he was referring to verticals).

My question concerns multi-band wire horizonntals(a 10-40 half-size g5rv for
example).

In this situation, is an antenna tuner performing the same function as it
did with the vertical("fooling" the feed system into believing it's matched,
or does it perform some other positives(better power transfer, etc.)?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson-wa4dsp

---