From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:06:36 -0700
Howard, 9913 is well known to attract water into the dielectric and outer
jacket.  Many hams replaced their runs of 9913 as soon as they were aware
that this type of coax often filled up with water.  Many found their coax
water-logged, even though they hadn't yet suffered noticeable degradation in
performance.  If you have gotten 25 years out of your coax, and I don't care
what kind of coax, change it out before disaster strikes.  If you run an amp
and the run suddenly develops either an open or a short, you can severely
damage the amp, costing mucho denoro to fix or replace.

Alan/KD7GC
.

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ