From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:37:37 -0600
well Tom, I was out at a yearly ham event this past weekend.  We set up a
couple different antennas including an MFJ magnetic loop, a home brew G5RV,
and a 40-160 sloaper.
I heard w1aw/0 on 20, and tried to work him with the loop, and the g5rv...I
also heard allot of other stations trying to work him, but he must have been
having receiving issues on friday and saturday on phone, because he wasn't
hearing allot of the stations that were calling him.
We worked several european stations on 20 with the g5rv around the same time
I tried to work the w1aw station.
Anyway, just thought I'd put in my comment in case someone was trying to
work him and didn't have any success.
BTW, for anyone who is interested, the loop antenna received very well
indeed on about a 10 foot mast sitting on a tripod on the ground.  It didn't
get out worth crap though lol.
We were getting lots of europe and south america on the loop on 20M.

73
Colin V A6BKX