From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:41:46 -0230
Hi all:

As I got to order some tubes from RF Parts, I'm looking at ordering some replacement coax as well as the prices look pretty good.
The problem is, I'm not sure on what to order as the site has such a variety from Andrew Heliax to LMR600 and everything in between.
I need a direct berry, low loss to replace my RG-213 and I'm wondering if the LMR240 will do?
I'm thinking that the LMR240 is a little larger than the 213 and that's what those numbers mean. 213 = .213 of an inch, 240 = .24 of and inch and so on. Therefore the LMR400 or 600 would be a pretty thick cable and may require me to drill a larger hole to thread it. LOL
My current PL-259s fit the exit hole of the shack.

73:
Mike VO1AX