From:
"Jim Kutsch, KY2D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:07:34 -0400
Alan,
I went on the same quest for computer logging software about a year and a
half ago. I asked the list and tried a few logging packages and selected
ACLog. Note, I did not test drive the N1MM log.

ACLog does everything I want for logging, including interface with the rig
for automatic reading of band, mode, and frequency; uploading log data to
the ARRL Logbook of the World; looking up U.S. stations in the callbook;
and fetching data from a DX spotting cluster. It can also send CW or play
wave files on the air but I haven't used those features. It works well with
my screen reader but I use Jaws, not Window Eyes.

Although it's $64.99 for all of the N3FJP logging packages, that's for a  CD
and shipping. They get updated frequently so the CD will be out of date
quickly after you get it. The better choice is to get all packages via
download for $49.99. In my case, I only bought ACLog and that was $24.99.
You can always pay the difference then get the rest of his software later
but so far, I haven't done that. ACLog has met all my needs.

Kelvin has a great review and tutorial on his Active Elements website. Also,
if you get ACLog, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

73, Jim, KY2D