From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2014 23:05:01 -0400
Only put 15 in the log using the TS-2000.  Since it's the backup rig, I
didn't bother to connect anything for CW, so all were on SSB.   No 6
meter antenna here, so when I heard a band opening  I loaded my
160/80/40 meter dipole and worked a few from upstate NY to AL, and GA,
including my friend Paul N4PN in Macon.

Antenna for 2 meters is a 5 element LPDA in the attic, so it's not in
the clear, and since it's a ranch house, not very high.  I did manage to
work CT, MD, NJ, and NY on 2 meter SSB.

Maybe before the next VHF contest, I can get that thing out of the attic
and up in the air where it belongs.

73, Steve KW3A