From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2014 07:26:42 -0400
Richard,

If your still having problems picking up a signal, try hooking your antenna
directly to the 2 meter antenna jack.  If you still do not hear signals, try
plugging in a 19 inch piece of wire and see if you hear anything on that
short wire antenna.  If you still do not hear anything, you may have to send
the rig back for service..

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]