From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2014 15:13:38 -0700
Good afternoon all,

A good friend of mine who currently lives in Hawaii will be moving to a farm
that he just bought in northern Florida.  The whole purpose for buying the
farm is to assemble a world class station.  I am working with him on the
design of the station, and the purchase of all of the equipment.  He will be
putting up 6 towers, 3 of which will be 200 feet tall.   The shortest tower
will be 106 feet tall, and will hold a SteppIr DB42.  Stan will end up with
a stack of 4 over 4 over 4 on 40 meters, and 6 over 6 over 6 on 20.  All of
the other bands, except 80 meters, will have 2 stacked yagis at various
heights.  The baddest antenna of the bunch will be a full size 3 element 80
meter yagi, at about 150 feet.  As you can imagine, the station will require
the largest rotors made.  He has just purchased 3 prop pitch rotors costing
$5000 each.  The system will also use large ring rotors for the lower
antennas in a given stack.  He estimates that the entire tower and antenna
system will cost him over $250,000, including about 2,000 feet of hard line.
The runs from his shack to the towers will use inch and 5/8 Andrew hard
line.  In addition to the tower runs, he will need another thousand feet of
7/8 inch hard line.  I have to say it has been an absolute blast to help
with the design of the station.  We hope to have the station pretty well up
and running by the end of next year.  When asked what Stan was going to grow
on his farm, he replied lots of aluminum and steel, Hi.

73

Alan/KD7GC