VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 27 May 2014 11:18:20 -0700
Hi All,

How do you get Jaws to remember row and column titles?

I'm recording student grades in an Excel spreadsheet. I've selected the
top row and the first column and used the Jaws command for setting
column and row titles, Jaws+alt+ctrl+c and Jaws+alt+ctrl+r respectively.

This works in that I can arrow around, and as I do, I hear the row and
column titles--in this case, the name of the student and the particular
assignment (John Smith, Essay 1).

the problem is that, when I use alt+tab to move to another program, like
to Windows Explorer to make sure I didn't put an assignment in the wrong
folder, Jaws no longer gives me row and column titles when I return to
Excel. I need to select and reset both all over again. I've been working
on this for about two hours with frequent uses of the alt+tab, and only
once have I not had to reset row and column titles.

Is there a trick I'm missing?

I'm using Windows 8.1, Jaws 15, and Excel 2013. As I'm doing this, I'm
remember that I've had this problem before though I think I didn't have
to reset titles as often.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]