From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2014 11:19:24 -0400
H,

There are some things that you should probably know, like that it does not have AGC.

There is an after-market AGC board, however, and there are guys who will build it for you.

There would also appear to be no filtering for the 60, 30, 17, or 12 meter bands.

There are folks using this rig who have worked out modifications like these and others to improve performance.

Given its low price, and once it’s been tweaked and so forth, it seems that users of it are generally happy with the X1M.

It’s available assembled for $350. It also doesn’t seem to be very accessible, judging from the operations manual.