From:
Mark Torgerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Torgerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2014 12:26:26 -0500
Hi

I used a talking calculator and an abacus on all my ham exams. The abacus
was good for jotting down the numbers that were read to me. While the
Calculator was good for the actual calculations. The folks at the club
talked about how cool that was for many years. Smile.

On using a windows calculator. The real issue would be if someone was
worried that you were looking up the answers instead of doing your own work.
You just have to be sure that the volunteer examiner is comfortable with
what you are doing. If they put their stamp on it, you are good to go. Come
to think of it I am still a VE myself. I just never go to the exam sessions.
Smile.

God bless,
Mark

--
Currently in Rockford, Greater Rockford, Illinois Overcast, 75.9°F(24.4°C)
Wind:SSW (200°) at 14mph (12KT)