VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2014 23:52:59 -0400
Hi all,
I'm using a gateway laptop, running windows 7, and jaws 12.
When I launch windows calculator, I need to do money problems, because I
do alot of those, and I need windows calculator to do them.
So, let's give you an example of what the problem is.
Let's say I type $100.00, then hit the subtract key, which is the key to
the right of the 0, and then type 10% which is the percent sign, which
is the shift of the 5. The calculator tells me $10, which would be the
case if I multiplied $100 times 10%, it is $10. But remember, we want to
minus the percentage.
$100 minus 10% should be $90, but this darn thing is telling me, $10, as
if it was multiplying.
How do I fix this?
If this thing is not going to work, I will have to find a calculator
which will do these money problems.
Harry, who is very frustrated with this calculator!

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]