From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:38:34 -0600
why?  Are you indicating your age in your resume and on applications?
And if not, remember not to put any work experience beyond about 10 years
back.
Unless you aquired education within the last 20 years, you don't need to put
the date of graduation from your education either.  Any indicators of age
are not relevant to your ability to perform the job so they don't factor in
to any employers criteria.  And if they do, the employer is opening
themselves up to big trouble.
In Canada employers are finding themselves in a position where they are
bringing back, or hiring older people because they have experience and
knowledge.  The retirement age is continually creeping up.
There are allot of variables with this, but basically there is a really huge
pool of qualified workers out there, many still able to work, that companies
are now realizing they can tap into.
It's an interesting trend actually and a great thing in my mind.  many
people don't want to retire at 60 or 65 but are forced into it by their
organization.
Quite often a company will bring someone back on a yearly contract basis and
it's a win win for both employee and employer.
All that said, it doesn't make it easier to get a job when you are in an
economy where the labour market isn't tight and young people are fighting
for those same jobs.

73
Colin, V A6BKX