From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:20:50 -0500
Well, my big accomplishment for the day was that I Got my ALS-600 linear amp
connected up and operating. It seems to be doing just fine. I checked into
the Kentucky Phone Net this evening, and everyone could hear me and gave me
excellent signal reports, e.g. 20 over S9 or better.

However, when I first hooked it up, it didn't work. I double checked all of
my connections, making sure everything was connected up right, cables going
to the right connectors and the relay/AVC plugged in to the right jacks,
etc. I tried everything, but the relays in the ALS-600 simply were not
working to kick on the amp. To make a long story a little shorter, I pulled
up the TS-590 manual on my computer and searched for the word: "relay." It
took me right to menu selection #53; the default is "off," and it needs to
be not only on, but there are actually four possible selections, off, 1, 2,
or 3. I remembered reading somewhere that it was suggested to choose
selection 2, which I did. Then, I fired it up again, and bingo!! It worked
just fine! So, I am a happy camper. If anyone else here has a TS-590 and
connects it up to a linear amp, be sure that menu selection #53 is set
correctly; generally, this means set to alternative #2.

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman

Retired Professor of Marketing

President: Millitronics, Inc. (millitronics.biz)

President: South Central Kentucky Council of the Blind (SCKCB.ORG)