From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2014 08:10:40 -0400
a choke in the coax, just a few turns of coax, at the base of the antenna
should help that some. They make chokes that can go in the speaker leads
that will help that, a lowpass filter could help. Is it on all bands or just
one? More radial field could even help it some. There are so many things you
can try, some will help, some won't, some will help a little some a lot and
it's all a case of trial and error in a lot of cases. I'm told an RF ground
may help though for me at times I find it's caused more problems than it
helps and again if your vertical is ground mounted, that could actually
cause a ground loop with the RF ground on the radio so it could be that
simple. That's been my experience especially with longer RF grounds is they
cause RFI which is why I never ran one until the house I live in now which
is a mobile home so I grounded it to the chassis because it's a very short
one and works but all those years of living on the second floor I found
running one caused RFI, removing it eliminated the problem 100%. There's a
few ideas, I hope they help you.