From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:44:42 -0700
Ye[p, just go for it.  When I got my general, way back in 1968, I
borrowed an hw 12, a portable antenna made out of zip cord.  I hung it
up on my tower, tied each end to a tent stake and ran the coax to the
rig.  I didn't know what s w r was and didn't have a way to measure it.
I just got on the air and had a ball.  What fun!!!
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148