From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:53:49 -0400
The cm500 has two 3.5 mm TRS (3 conductor) plugs.  One for mic, and the other is l/r/ground.
the kx3 has an option to turn off the PTT and mic button functions.  Turn these off, and use the XMIT button on the kx3 to go in and out of transmit.

Or, you can set up box and do it that way.

I personally, never use vox.

Works very well.

Incidentally, the kx3 is on its way back from the elecraft hospital.
Had a problem with the dc in jack.  Also I had them install the 2 meter transperter board.
Now has 160 through 2 meters, all mode.

Can’t wait to play.

Gary Lee