From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:56:50 -0500
Steve,

First, I am not using any logging program; I created my own from a
spreadsheet program. I am just getting back into ham radio after being
totally inactive for the past several years. So, I am having to start from
scratch all over again. I'm open to any and all suggestions regarding the
best, most blind-user friendly software programs I need. Within reason,
money is not an issue.

I have my VOX/break-in turned on for CW operation, but my paddle just isn't
working, which makes me feel badly because I love that paddle. I'm pretty
certain the problem is a bad connection inside the plug. When I plug the
paddle plug into my TS-590, all I get are the dits, but when I press my
paddle to the left for the dashes, nothing happens. However, if I pull the
plug out from the jack just a little, I can get just dashes, but no dots!
<lol> So, evidently it is the plug, or at least, the way the plug is wired.

Ron, K8HSY