From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2014 19:07:24 -0600
I just went and looked, and no, it's not the touch screen dealio...the
newest scanners from uniden are the BCD436 handheld, and the BCD536
bass/mobile which,  has wireless IPhone connectivity....this is very
cool...you can actually use the IPhone app to listen remotely to your
scanner from anywhere which is a very cool feature...it also means that if
accessible with voiceover, you could easily identify frequencies and talk
groups and all that kind of stuff that is shown on the scanners display
using the IPhone.
Unfortunately, the BCD436 only has bluetooth audio connectivity and not the
full remote control deal.
Still, it sounds like quite a good scanner either way.
If the BCD-536HP works well with the remote control software, one wouldn't
really need a handheld scanner, just an IPhone and an internet connection
which we all have on the IPhone anyway.

73
Colin, V A6BKX