From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:22:35 -0700
HI Jim,
I think the only two wide band pocket receivers out here now are one from
Icom and one from Alinco.

Universal Radio carries both of them and the descriptions can be found in
their catalog under wide band receivers.

I read up on both of them and they are quite a bit more expensive than the
Yaesu VR-500 was.

I think the Alinco has some sort of rudimentary speech in it.

I'm not sure how much it reads.

I also had a Yaesu VR-500 at one time.

I thought both receivers were needlessly complicated so have not bothered
with any of them. Others might have other opinions!

73,

Eric
KU3I