From:
Howard Traxler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Traxler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 05:56:37 -0500
FYI
The ropes, wires, cables, etc., sometimes used to retain the vertical position of a vertical antenna are called
guy ropes, wires, cables, etc., spelled G U Y !  Once they are in place, one can say the antenna is now guyed (G U Y E D)--not to be confused with guide (G U I D E).

To my mind, somewhat above trivia.

The Other Howard, WA9RYF