From:
Richard B McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 08:12:01 -0700
Hi!

below, are links to 1) the USB-to-serial converter and 2) serial cable I use
for my computer and rig.  They're both from Amazon.  My PC is a Windows 7
machine, and my rig is a TS-2000.  This converter and cable setup works
flawlessly:

1.
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-RS-232-Serial-Converter-TU-S9/dp/B0007T27H8/r
ef=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402372926&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=USB+to+9+pin+se
rial+male+adapter+kensington

2.
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-6-Feet-Straight-Through-Serial/dp/B00066HP2E/
ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1402005703&sr=8-6&keywords=db-9+female+cable+serial

By default, your USB port used for the converter becomes COM3.  The setup
above works with either 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows.  Note, as alluded
to below, there are some very technical differences with converters and
cables that cause some not to work with the rig.  These have to do with
"chip sets" (converter) and "straight" (cable) differences.  If you do not
have these right, it won't work!

HTH & 73,
Richard KK6MRH