From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2014 09:49:47 -0400
Carmela:

We can't call to order one of the currency readers until September 2.

Here's the relevant text from the press release.

The U.S. Bureau of Engraving will initiate a four-month pilot where
NLS patrons can pre-order a currency reader.  A press release from
July 3 states "To receive a currency reader eligible individuals who
are currently patrons of NLS need only call 1-888-NLS-READ
(888-657-7323); Your account will be noted and a currency reader will
be delivered to the address on file."  However, calls to the number
provided for the purpose of ordering the currency reader will not be
accepted until September 2, 2014.
NOTE:the delivery of the readers will not begin until January 2015.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ