From:
"Jim Kutsch, KY2D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2014 09:09:39 -0400
Bob,

Actually, I think you were doing fine with Echolink. We heard all your
comments. I think you just had trouble dropping out of transmit and going
back to listening. I'd suggest you practice that in the test reflector until
it becomes second nature.

Also, there's a setting somewhere that changes the activation of transmit.
It can be set so you have to push to transmit then push again to receive.
But, there's a better option that allows the right side control key on the
keyboard to be a momentary contact  push-to-talk. When set up that way, you
hold the control key down while talking then when you release the key, you
are back to receive. It's much easier  than having to push another button to
get out of what is essentially being locked in transmit mode.

73, Jim